News

Keep up to Date

Sign up for our newsletter for regular updates and/or read on!

 Message from Chair of Trevone Village Hall 26 October 2020
Due to the present situation there will be no AGM this year and a date in 2021 will be announced when we know it is possible to hold such a meeting.Meanwhile we are endeavouring to reopen the hall to small groups  in line with the Government guidance and will keep you informed.We hope you are all keeping safe and look forward to more sociable times.

CORONA VIRUS AND THE HALL

It is with regret that we have had to withdraw all our indoor events with immediate effect, this includes the coffee morning on Thursdays, Indoor Evening Events and Bacon Roll mornings.

If you attend any regular activities please contact your organiser.

If you need any help during this period please get in contact with any committee member, we have a list of people available to help if your normal support systems fail or you find yourself isolated for the first time!

When this is all over there will be celebrations a plenty!!

TREVONE VILLAGE WAR MEMORIAL HALL

TRUSTEE’S MEETING IN PUFFINS GARDEN

    MONDAY 21ST  SEPTEMBER, 2020 AT 4PM

PRESENT: Frances Trenouth (Chairperson), Pat Hall (Secretary),Sue Bird, Peter Jones, Julie Turner, Moira Walley.  

(Due to current COVID regulations only six members socially distancing are allowed to meet)

APOLOGIES: Clive Walley (Treasurer),Shaun Cornwell.

TREASURER’S REPORT:

Clive provided details of monies received since the last meeting and advised that the Financial Report for 2019 is ready for Martin Saunders to start work on.

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS REPORT:

Hall Rebuild:

Funding update: Sue has made contact with Persimmons Homes regarding funds available for village halls and has sent them the details required from us.  Sue is yet to learn the outcome but was made aware that if we are not successful in our bid, we can reapply.  In the meantime, Betty Hale is still researching possible avenues for funding.  Frances contacted Vivienne Taylor of Steins to ask if there was any chance of holding another fundraising dinner as we did in January but unfortunately Steins are not in a position to offer anything like this at present (which is understandable in the present climate).  Julie has details of the Hotel Director at The Pig and will make contact regarding a meal similar to the one put on by Steins but probably would be a lunch rather than dinner.  We are most likely looking at January/February for this to take place but we await Julie’s findings.

Neighbourhood Watch:  Nothing to report at present.

HOUSEKEEPING:

Cleaning re COVID19: Sue has given us all details of the Risk Assessment that needs to be carried out before using the hall.  Sue and Peter to carry out this assessment tomorrow and advise of their findings.  Peter has agreed to work on the outside garden area sometime this week and Pat and Moira will attempt a spring clean inside the hall on Monday morning.

Fire Officer:  Peter has been checking the smoke alarms regularly each week and has a log of his visits in securing the safety of the hall.  Peter will contact Newquay Fire Extinguishers (01637 873349 mobile: 07970484833 email: [email protected]) to agree what needs to be carried out on their yearly check of fire equipment.

FUTURE EVENTS:

COVID19/Hall functions:  Sue has put a lot of work into providing the committee with a list of duties that need to be carried out before we can open up to the various groups.  A list of these duties is attached to the Minutes Book and will be carried out as soon as possible after completion of the Risk Assessment.

A discussion took place regarding how best to accommodate villagers wanting to attend our Coffee Mornings.  Socially distancing markers, masks, shields, papers towels, separate bins, disposable gloves, hand sanitisers,  etc etc will all have to be purchased in advance of the opening up of the hall and user groups will have to keep a separate register of persons attending and their details.  Full details of requirements needed by these groups will be provided in due course.

FUTURE PLANS:

Local Guided Tours/Walks:  Monies have slowly been coming in for the trail and masks made by Frances.  The Guided Tours details will be available very soon. 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

Government guidance on the current COVID situation will be announced in the next few days so we await this outcome before making further arrangements.

The meeting closed at 5.30pm

Next Meeting:  To be advised.